Sunday, August 2, 2009

Defenders of Wildlife Benefit Concert


Alma Macbride has studied jazz piano with me throughout middle school, and is now about to enter high school. She is the daughter of David Macbride, Professor of Composition and Music Theory at the Hartt School, and the sister of drumming phenom , Jimmy. At a lesson earlier this summer, I gave her the assignment of lining up a trio concert for herself, and suggested that she pick a charity to which she could give the proceeds. It's great to see that she is following through. Alma has a tremendous talent, and I predict that this is just the beginning for her. As a teacher, it is both exciting and fulfilling to see your students excelling. Alma knows considerably more about jazz piano than I did at the completion of high school. I really look forward to attending her show. If you are available on the 9th, you too will be able to say "I heard Alma's trio back when she just finished middle school", in a few years when she's famous.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who works for Defenders -- and someone who cares about protecting wildlife -- I'd like to thank Alma, Jimmy and Matt for their help! Your help is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget