Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jazz Radio

As the date of my CD release approaches, I have been doing many radio interviews.  Here's one which I really enjoyed, with Ken Laster at WHUS 91.7 FM in Storrs, CT.


Ken's program is shared weekly as a podcast.  He calls it "In the Groove, Jazz and Beyond".  It gets about 10,000 downloads per week.  Ken is a great interviewer.  I felt relaxed throughout and really enjoyed our "on air" conversation.


I have two more upcoming radio appearances before my concert at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts on Friday, Oct. 11th:


I am making all of these appearances to promote the following concert:

Friday, October 11, 2013 – 8pm - $15 / $10 UCONN Faculty & Staff / $5 Students
EARL MACDONALD AND THE CREATIVE OPPORTUNITY WORKSHOP (C.O.W.) - CD RELEASE CONCERT
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts – 2132 Hillside Road - Storrs
MacDonald’s Jorgensen Center performance will celebrate and coincide with the release of his new CD, Mirror of the Mind. By drawing upon outside influences and incorporating cello into his ensemble palette, MacDonald has again achieved the element of surprise for which reviewers have called him “visionary” and “startlingly original”. Much of the music will be performed in sync with projected visual imagery and videography by artists Deborah Dancy and Ted EfremoffEarl MacDonald – piano, Kris Allen – saxophones, Christopher Hoffman – cello, Rogerio Boccato – percussion.

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget