Friday, February 10, 2012

Force of Habit

It's Day 10 in my 30 Songs In 30 Days personal challenge.  I just finished today's song --- a minor blues in D with an A A' A'' melodic form.  The reality has hit that I'm only 1/3 of the way through this project, and drastic measures must be taken if I don't want to bore myself (and you!) by inadvertently writing variations of the same riff-based piece over and over again.

Part of me is wishing I hadn't limited myself to the blues form exclusively, while another part of me sees this as a great opportunity for growth.  Later today I will brainstorm, making a list of musical territory to explore.  I will post the list, so if you are curious, check back tomorrow.

Ever up and onward.




2 comments:

  1. Well- you have inspired me to do something like this. I'm going to do it during Lent. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I'll look forward to hearing your tunes! I just finished the brainstorming list that I'll be posting tomorrow morning. It should put me back in action for at least another week. As tough as this is, I think its been good for me.

      Delete